If it’s time to replace the gutters on your home then you should consider a more modern approach – namely, seamless gutters.
What are seamless gutters? Unlike older, sectional gutters, seamless gutters come in one piece of aluminum rather than in multiple sections. They also come with several advantages.
The benefits of seamless gutters
As mentioned, seamless gutters come in one piece – made from aluminum – and only have joints at the corners. This means fewer possible leak points when compared to sectional gutters, which rely on gutter sealant to remain leak-free.
- Seamless gutters need less maintenance than sectional gutters. Less debris gets stuck in the drainage system because of their seamless design and there’s far less clogging overall.
- A roof with a poor gutter drainage system will decline faster – and require more repairs and a sooner-than-expected replacement – than one with a strong gutter system.
- Seamless gutters are more durable than sectional gutters because they’re made of a continuous sheet of heavy gauge aluminum. Yet, they’re also lightweight, flexible, and corrosion resistant.
- Seamless gutters made of aluminum, steel, or copper last longer than sectional vinyl gutters which warp and deteriorate through aging and exposure to the elements.
- Properly-installed seamless gutters prevent and reduce ice dams for homeowners who live in wintry climates. Ice dams can cause significant damage to a home’s roof.
- Seamless gutters have a much greater aesthetic value than sectional gutters and improve your home’s curb appeal. In turn, this adds to your home’s overall value if you decide to sell it.
Installing seamless gutters
Many do-it-yourselfers have installed sectional gutters to their home’s results – usually with mixed results. Seamless gutters, however, must be installed professionally by a qualified contractor who creates the gutters according to their custom fit for each home. They are created on-site with a special machine. This makes the installation process takes a bit longer when compared to installing sectional gutters.
Price of seamless gutters
Seamless gutters are more expensive than traditional gutters and usually cost a few hundred dollars more. However, seamless gutters represent a better long-term investment because they require less maintenance. They’ll also, as mentioned, provide better curb appeal while providing a higher return on investment.
Give Victors Roofing a call if you’re thinking about installing seamless gutters on your home’s roof. Victors roofing has the right equipment and know-how to get the job done right.