You slip in the question casually, perhaps during a dinner party: “So, does a new roof increase the value of your home?” You need to know. Spending on a new roof is a big risk, isn’t it? Will you be able to recoup your investment when you resell your Canton-area home?
Home value has three measuring sticks:
- Curb appeal — The look of your home when a prospective buyer first sees it; does the buyer want to see more, or drive away?
- Resale value — The appreciation over your investment over time, plus added value by good maintenance, modern looks, and solid construction
- Depreciation — Wear and tear, outdated decor, and ho-hum house design bring down the resale value
Each metric tells the same story: roof replacement invariably adds value to your home.
Roof replacement is a sure way to boost curb appeal and generate neighbor envy. Beautiful new, modern, sleek fiberglass-asphalt shingles, in a color that sets off your home, really do catch buyers’ eyes.
If your current roof has tired, cracked, curled, broken or missing shingles, the crowning jewel of your home looks like a gap-toothed smile. A fresh new roof replacement instantly draws the eye. It invites buyers to come in close for a walk-through.
Experts at Cost Versus Value peg a full roof replacement with quality fiberglass-asphalt shingles as one of the smart, mid-range remodeling projects that return substantial coin to your wallet:
- Average Cost, East North-Central Region: $22,558
- Average Resale Value: $14,631
- Return on Investment (ROI): 64.9 percent
This means you can have an entirely new fiberglass-asphalt shingle roof installed, enjoying its water resistance, beauty, and weathertight protection until you sell your home. Once you resell, you recover nearly two-thirds of your investment!
Roofs wear out — specially in the Canton area, where winters are hard. A roof can take only so much freeze and thaw cycles, so many high winds. Your roof protects, literally, everything else you own. A neglected roof signals to buyers that you do not care about your property. Your home value plummets. Even having an outdated roof color can tell buyers you do not keep up with improvements.
Avoid having potential buyers pass you by. Enlist the expert roofing services of Victors Roofing and enjoy a worry-free roof replacement. Contact our offices today! You will preserve your home value, boost curb appeal, and recover most of your investment.